Kettle Switched On and Streetlight Goes Off

StreetlampA pensioner's kettle has been brewing up trouble for a streetlight outside her Northampton home.

Every time Sally Barnet turns her kettle on, the lamp outside the kitchen window of her home in Trussell Road goes out.

The 73-year-old said: "I get up about 6am to make a cup of tea and when I switch the kettle on, the light goes out. Then a few seconds later it comes back on. I've noticed it for the past month but before that, the early mornings were light so I couldn't notice it."

The Great Billing resident said the peculiar problem affected only the one streetlight: "Everything's fine in the kitchen, it's just the one streetlight outside the kitchen window."

She said she was mystified as to what caused the kettle to work as a light switch.

Mrs Barnet said people who had seen the kettle turn the light off had had "a laugh and a giggle". She added: "I told my friends to come and look, they couldn't believe it really, they were absolutely gobsmacked.

Video after the jump.

Video: BBC
Source: Northampton Chron
Tags: | |

Comments