14 year-old boy with broken neck since toddler does not realise it .. until last month!

Alfie Tyson-Brown
CT Scan
This is one lucky kid who has been living most of his life with a broken neck without realizing it!

A sports-mad teenager has baffled medical experts by living most of his life with a broken neck that could have killed him at any time.

Alfie Tyson-Brown, 14, broke a bone in his neck as a toddler but was unaware of the injury until last month when he felt strange and fell off his bike.

'I sometimes felt like I didn't have full control over my limbs, but I just got on with life and didn't think about it,' said the rugby playing surfer from Wimborne, Dorset.

A scan revealed the problem and he was immediately strapped to a bed and sent for surgery – which could have caused a stroke or paralysis if it had gone wrong. He is now expected to make a full recovery.

His surgeon, Dr Evan Davies from Poole Hospital, said: 'In all my years as a spinal surgeon I have never seen anything quite like this.

'If he had received an injury to his neck the way it was, then he may well have died.'

Source: Metro
Image: Sohu
Tags: | |

Comments