Why use Linux?
Linux is an open source operating system, which means:
- It is free!
- Source code can be modified to fit user's needs
- Linux supports various hardware, and can even run on older or legacy hardware
- There are many flavours of Linux, and hence you can choose one that best suits you
- Linux is much less prone to viruses and spyware, as most of them are not targeted at Linux
- Huge selection of applications which we use such as OpenOffice, Gimp, etc.
- Great for software developent, such as C, C++ , Perl, Java
For more information, please visit the following link.
Tags: Linux | Operating System | Operating Systems | OS