Proposal etched in clay on field

Proposal etched in clay on fieldA farmer's son proposed by popping the question etched in giant letters in the clay across a Norfolk field in Britain.

James Andrews flew with his partner of six years, Floss Allen, 31, over his father's farm in Rockland St Mary. Written across a 20-acre stubble field below were the words "Floss marry me?" and she said "Yes".

James Andrews and his partner Floss Allen
Mr Andrews, 32, who lives with his fiancee in East Sheen, London, said: "I wanted to come up with something original and romantic."

Mr Andrews's father John, 64, organised the writing of the message which came as a great surprise to Floss. "I drove round with my Land Rover and my tractor driver followed behind with a cultivator to mark out the letters," he said.

Mr Andrews, a project manager, and Miss Allen, a sponsorship manager at the Premier League, hope to get married next summer.


Video: YouTube
Source: BBC
Tags: | | | |

Comments