Man Nearly Dies After Putting Pet Rattlesnake Down Throat
Note: Video contains some graphic images.
In early August, snake collector Matt Wilkinson of Portland grabbed a 20-inch rattler off the highway near Maupin in Central Oregon in the U.S.
Three weeks later, in a show of daring for an ex-girlfriend, Wilkinson stuck the snake in his mouth. Near death with a tongue swollen to the point it spilled out of his mouth and blocked his throat, he sought emergency-room treatment. Trauma surgeons at the Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) saved his life.
Video: Liveleak via Arbroath
Source: Seattle Times
Tags: Snake | Throat | Swell | Bitten