Barber Still Snipping Away Aged 99

Jack HollandA Barber has proved he is a cut above the rest by continuing to give his customers a short back and sides at the age of 99.

And Jack Holland, who has run his business in Ilkeston in Derbyshire since before the Second World War, says he aims to continue with his scissors even when he reaches 100.

The great-grandfather, who entered the hairdressing trade at the age of 14, believes a good diet and positive outlook on life have helped him carry on working.

Mr Holland, who still runs his own business in the same shop he has occupied for more than 60 years, said he doesn't intend to stop.

He said: "I just keep going. I enjoy the company and my customers don't want me to finish. I still intend to continue. I eat pretty well and like a glass of beer."

Mr Holland opens on Thursdays and Fridays for seven hours each day, with a two-hour lunch break. On Saturdays, he cuts hair from 8.30am until noon. The pensioner, whose wife, Mary, died three years ago, said he now had only about six customers but he enjoyed the company.

Source: This Is Derbyshire via Arbroath
Tags: |

Comments