Dog Saves Girl from Snake
Seventeen-month-old Charlotte Svilicic was playing in the garden of the family’s Atherton home on Monday when Khan the doberman grabbed her by the back of the nappy and threw her clear of the approaching snake.
The heroic pooch was bitten by the snake after saving the toddler but is recovering after a dose of anti-venom. In an amazing twist, Khan’s breeder revealed his grandfather had saved a child in similar circumstances.
Ms Svilicic said "Khan was really concentrating and was acting aggressive towards Charlotte and kept trying to nudge her but it wasn’t working, so he grabbed her by the back of the nappy and threw her more than a metre.
Mrs Svilicic said the family had only had Khan for four days, and they were moved by Khan’s selfless and protective act.
An Atherton snake expert believes Khan escape death because the snake was not able to inject a large amount of venom.
Source: Cairns Post
Tags: Dog | Kid | Khan | Charlotte Svilicic | Toddler | Snake