iPod Sets Man's Pants on Fire
The new iPod Nano is hot. But one Douglasville man said his old Nano got even hotter -- hot enough to burst into flames.
Williams said the burn hole from the pocket of his pants marks the spot of his 15 seconds of flame. He said he had an iPod Nano and an glossy piece of paper in his pocket. He believes the paper shielded him from being burned.
"I'm still kind of freaked out that after only a year and a half my iPod caught fire in my pocket," said Williams.
The iPod uses a lithium ion battery -- the same type of battery under recall for setting laptops on fire.
Williams said the fact is iPod Nano burst into flames while he was at work was bad enough, where he works could have been another issue. He works at a kiosk in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. "If TSA had come by and seen me smoking, they could have honestly thought I was a terrorist," said Williams.
"It could have happened when we were sleeping, it could have happened when he was driving and the outcome could have been much worse," said Elaine Williams.
Video after the jump.
Tags: iPod | Danny Williams | Fire | Flames