Man Fined For Assisting Old Lady

Train DoorsDaniel Dewulf from Belgium who stopped an old woman being crushed in train doors as she got onto a train was handed an $80 fine for causing a delay.

"I heard the conductor's whistle just as I got on the train and then realised someone else was trying to get on. The doors had closed on the elderly woman, trapping her," he said. "In order to prevent a tragedy I pushed the door open and helped her get in. She thanked me profusely. But the conductor gave me a fine because he said my actions increased the chance of a delay.

"He wasn't interested when I tried to explain to him that I had only opened the doors to try and save an old woman's life."

Belgian Railways has now apologised to Dewulf and a spokesperson said: "We should have fined the woman in question for boarding the train after the whistle."

Source: Iol
Tags: | | |

Comments