4-Year-Old Boy Calls 911 and Saves Mom's Life

Colin Makepeace and his motherA 4-year-old boy is credited with saving his mother's life by calling 911 after she passed out during a diabetic coma.

Collin Makepeace called 911 on Jan. 30 after his mother, Karri Makepeace, fell to the floor. He stayed in contact with dispatcher Melissa Fellows -- verifying his address, and checking to see if she was breathing -- until help arrived.

He told his mother that help was on the way, and held the phone near her mouth so dispatchers could listen to her breathing.

"The actions of 4-year-old Collin saved his mother's life," Sheriff's Lt. Kevin Kelley said.

The boy's mother was taken by ambulance to Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital. She was in serious condition upon arrival, and treated in the intensive-care unit. She is now home recovering.

Listen to the 911 call in the video below. Another video can be found here.


Video: LiveLeak
Source: MLive
Tags: | |

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am the mother of Collin, Karrie. Collin is such an increditable little boy who saved my life. I truely am blessed. Melissa Fellows the dispatcher who took the call is outstanding as well. Had it not been for her patients and ability to connect and make my son feel comfortable with the conversation they had, I dont believe I'd be here today. The teamwork amazes me. I am forever thankful to any and all that had anything to do getting me the help and medical attention i needed that day- You are ALL heroes... but my son is not only my hero, but my love, life and happiness as well. :)